Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Frugally Distressed Mini Album

I made this album for a class I'm teaching at a LSS, Ever After Scrapbooks, in Vista, CA. The class will run on Thursday April 30 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. so if you live in the area, feel free to join us:) The class is the first of my new monthly classes titled "Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire's 3 T's" (Tips, Tricks, and Techniques).

Each of my classes will feature a different product. The first class will feature the Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Four distinctly different techniques will be taught using the inks.

As shown above, the cover was done using a crumpling technique.

The 2nd and 3rd pages (above) were done using a technique that created a water color appearance. This page started as a white background with a red "graph" design.

The 4th and 5th pages were created using a layering technique. This paper started with a very pale yellow stripe. I added three layers of stamps using a different distress ink with each layer. I then added the captions with Ranger Archival Ink. I love the Archival ink because it stamps with a clear/sharp image (this ink DOES NOT "bleed"), whoo hoo!The 6th and 7th pages were created using the distress inks with a brayer. I just layered each "pass" with a different color of ink to create this plaid paper. I started with a plain white piece of cardstock on these pages.
I am very excited to be teaching Frugal Scrapping at Ever After Scrapbooks! My philosophy is to buy my crafting supplies/products/tools on a "cost per use" basis. Therefore, if I can create multiple uses for my supplies/products /tools, they are quickly classified as my "frugal must haves". My distress inks have DEFINITELY "made the grade".
Thanks for visiting my blog:)
Happy Frugal Scrappin'
Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire



1 comment:

Brenda said...

I LOVE this album! Thanks for all the tips and inspiration!