Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, April 3, 2009

Making new Friends in Sunny Florida:)

I was pleasantly surprised to find that two of my stepmother's friends walk on the beach in Naples, Fl every day. Since I've been trying really hard to get into shape, this was a great chance to get my exercise in while making some new friends:)

We walked for 3 miles at Vanderbilt Beach in North Naples on my last morning in Florida. I have to admit, I had a hard time keeping up with Jean (on the right) and Elphie (on the left)..and...they are both turning 80 this year! We also met up with Elphie's "boy friend", Harold. What a character:) He seems like loads of fun!

We walked 1 1/2 miles on the dry sand since it was high tide (you know this is a workout in itself, lol) and then took our shoes off and walked with our feet in the Gulf on the way back. The water temp. was a very comfortable 79 degrees (much different from the water temp in the Pacific which I'm used to).

Once we finished our walk, it was off to finish packing so we could start our trip up the coast to PA. We made it to just south of Savannah, GA and will head up to Raleigh, NC today to visit with my sister for the weekend.

I just had to also add the picture below that I took while on the beach. We just don't have all of these seashells on the beach in Carlsbad, CA where I live so this was definitely a novelty for me:)

I promise to get back to scrappy posts when I return to CA on April 10th and can get my hands on my scrappy stuff. Until then...

Enjoy:)

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

1 comment:

Robin said...

Glad you are having a good time, Lori!