Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our Trip to Duke Gardens:)


When I first arrived in Florida last week, I was reading a magazine that was laying around (I think it was a Southern Living magazine) and came across a list of many southeastern US top 10's. One of the lists included the top 10 gardens and included in this list was the Duke Gardens at Duke University in Durham, NC (home to my sister that we were going to visit).

Among the beautiful things we saw were these rows and rows of beautiful tulips. There were yellow, red, pink, and of course these purple ones.

Another section of the gardens included a more natural approach to the items naturally seen in North Carolina. Many of them are also natural to the area in Pennsylvania where I grew up.

This ia a picture I took when we first entered the gardens. You can never have enough photos of yourself with your family. From left to right we have me, my sister Kym, and my stepmother Pat.

I have to say, I've made great strides in getting myself into the photos I take. Yes, I still critique myself way too much, but after all, some day I will think I looked good, lol.

I have become very good at finding places to place my camera so I can use the timer to have time to get myself into the photo. Of course, I could also just ask a passerby to take the photo for me, but I find that half the fun is trying to take it myself:)

As I count down to my reunion with my scrappy stuff, I leave you again with my daily journeys:) I promise to have a scrappy post in just 6 (or 7) short days...

Until then...

Sincerely.


Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

1 comment:

Melody said...

Looks like you have been having a lot of fun traveling! Lucky girl!