Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's Start 2012 off right...with Card Patterns!

WOW, fellow frugal crafters, it's been a REALLY LONG siesta for this frugal crafter!  Did you ever LOVE a hobby SO MUCH that you lived it, breathed it, and slept it?  And if ANYTHING got in your way...be it work, family or friends, you just got cranky?...well I think that's what happened to me...until July 19th, that is:)

You know, some people get hooked on Facebook, Twitter, etc, but I got way out of whack hooked on my crafting!  So there was no other way to fix this than to do it cold turkey...no goodbyes or anything...just "rip that bandaid off" as I always say.

I've always been one of those people that JUMP with both feet in the air and concentrate on one thing so much that I forget everything else around me!  I have long been the "queen" of tuning things out and getting lost in my own little world...then something happened last summer that made me re-think how I spend my spare time...I won't go into details, and it's all good in the end, but I decided to spend the last 6 months making NEW memories instead of crafting about the old.  It was time well spent, and I am finally ready to get back to the hobby I love best...in moderation:)

When asking what my grandkids would like for Christmas, my daughter says..."Well, Mom...I think they'd love a scrapbook"...and that got me thinking that I need to find a "happy medium" between making memories and preserving them...

So I visited my blog a few days ago and thought, why not start where I ended back on July 19th?...with a sketch from Card Patterns!  I have a few January birthdays coming up, and LOVE to make cards, so here we go...and I had a GREAT time easing back into my mojo mode...enJOY!

 In true frugal fashion, I used nothing but my stash.  One of the things I love to do most is take various manufacturers paper and patterns and put them together in one project.  Card Patterns had a great sketch this week, see here for sketch.

Another thing I love to do is carry my card design to the inside of my card.  This one is kind of simple and that's the way I like it...more room for my personal sentiment:)

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you are looking forward to a year filled with love, happiness, creativity, and good health:)

2 comments:

Robin said...

WOW! It is like you never left!!! I'm glad your back. You're work is inspirational as always :)

Anna-Karin said...

How great that you found your mojo again! The card is gorgeous! Love the pearls. Great take on the Card Patterns sketch!